Thinking about adding a new initiative like a care plan (also known as a wellness plan) program?
Perhaps your veterinary practice has not considered adding care plans or has been hesitant for various reasons. Common misconceptions of care plans are that they are discount plans and they are hard to manage. Care plans can help your practice provide affordable, personalized pet healthcare to your clients with a tech solution and professional services that include automated administrative tasks which can help make your job easier.
Are you curious about care plans, but still not sure yet? Here are five compelling reasons to launch a care plan program this year:
- Subscription Economy: Millennials, now the largest generation of pet parents, have grown up on subscription services and monthly subscription payment plans.2 Offering a budget-friendly care plan can reduce the number of clients declining a veterinarian’s recommendation due to cost. Care plans offer predictable payment plans for pet parents that they have come to expect.
- Improves Efficiency: Care plan programs streamline practice flows. Self-sign up allows clients to complete the enrollment process independently, saving staff time. Forward-booking of appointments cuts down on time spent scheduling visits, while setting client expectations. You can schedule your wellness visits when it’s convenient for both the pet parent and the practice.
- Builds Revenue: Care plan programs can help generate practice revenue. The plans educate pet parents about the care their pets need, thereby increasing treatment compliance. Internal data from Veterinary Care Plans shows that spending on pets enrolled in care plans is up to three times higher than spending on non-care plan pets. Plus, optional services add more than 20% to wellness spending.1
- Helps with Retention: Although practices are very busy right now, studies show that pet parents are shopping around for veterinary care. Care plans can be a cornerstone of your strategy to keep those pet parents coming back to your practice year after year. Don’t wait to capture the business of these pet parents when times slow down. Help retain them now by enrolling pets in care plans that last through their entire lifespan to cultivate loyalty from the outset.
- Builds Loyalty: Care plans set the foundation for a lasting relationship with pets and pet parents. Pet parents appreciate the education, customization, and peace of mind provided by Covetrus® Care Plans. Plus, our care plan solution allows you to add ancillary services such as grooming and boarding to further grow your practice, promote the use of your services, and stand apart from competitors.
As a partner, Covetrus® provides a complete pet wellness solution that combines software and professional services to make managing a complete care program easy.
Covetrus® Care Plans is a flexible program designed to help more pets get care, give pet parents choices, and empower veterinarians with robust tools and analytics to propel practice growth.
Visit cvet.co/careplans to learn more.
1 “Why Wellness” VCP White Paper. https://software.covetrus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Why-Wellness-2022-03.pdf; Accessed June 19, 2023.
2 Pet Industry Market Size, Trends & Ownership Statistics. American Pet Products Association. https://www.americanpetproducts.org/press_industrytrends.asp; Accessed June 19, 2023.